Apply for this role
Account Manager - Manchester
What if your expertise could help someone, somewhere, to live a better life?
Helping children living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis to communicate their pain, giving people with psoriasis their confidence back, shocking 2.3 million HCPs into taking action against second heart attacks to proving to the world that eczema isn’t a skin condition.
Havas Lynx Group is a creative communications agency dedicated to changing the way the world does healthcare communications for the better. We are committed to bringing about change. Change informed by experience, driven by innovation and proven in delivery. We work alongside healthcare professionals, patients, carers, and pharmaceutical brands to overcome the complex challenges of modern healthcare. Our work blends strategic insight and deep scientific understanding with creativity and digital innovation, delivering healthcare campaigns and solutions that really make a difference to people’s lives.
We’re a team of over 500+ people in Manchester and London, with a history of over 35 years and an ever-evolving future. You can get a feel for the #LYNXLife via YouTube, #LYNXLife playlist, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Everything this company achieves, every life it saves, every penny it makes, every policy it changes, every award it wins, is down to everyone that works here.
As an Account Manager at Havas Lynx Group, you are the day to day contact for both your client and team, whilst supporting the Senior Account Manager/Account Director in the development of your colleagues and the accounts you work on. You are responsible for delivering an excellent level of customer service to our clients, effectively managing all projects through your agency’s systems and procedures, liaising with internal teams as appropriate. A key part of your role is the financial management of your accounts, ensuring a profitable service and that opportunities for new business are pursued. Using your knowledge and experience, you will be involved in mentoring junior account handlers, to develop their capabilities and prepare them for roles of greater responsibility.
What you can expect to be doing:
- You will build meaningful and trusting relationships with your clients ensuring you position Havas Lynx as their strategic partner
- You will immerse yourself in your client’s business and industry in order to be best placed to deliver quality campaigns
- You will ensure client requests are dealt with efficiently, interpreting these into thorough and accurate internal briefs
- You will work with Operations Team to manage the Production Schedule guaranteeing that the projects are delivered to brief, on time and within budget
- You will oversee the quality control of work that leaves the agency, making sure it adheres to the client’s approved brief
- You will support the Senior Account Manager and Account Director working closely with the Insights and Planning Team to proactively develop your understanding of strategy and how this applies to the campaigns you are delivering
- You will have a proactive approach to identifying and initiating business opportunities with new and existing clients
What we’d like to see from you:
- Previous experience of building and maintaining client relationships in a similar environment
- A proven track record of delivering and driving success at a project and campaign level, where success is gauged both creatively and commercially
- Experience of mentoring and developing others
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues at all levels and disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and solution focused approach
- Financially and commercially aware
- Effective team management capabilities
What you can expect from us
A supportive and challenging environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact that matters. We put a huge investment into #LYNXLife and our #LXAcademy internal programmes. It’s a unique initiative that aims to reward hard work, reduce pressures, and ensure that we can all enjoy our time at Lynx. Our strategy is to build capabilities internally and inspire the best talent, so we can continue to deliver on our mission.
You can also expect a whole host of benefits, including:
- Hybrid Working - we require you to work in the office twice a week
- 28 days annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance connected to length of service (with the option to buy more, or sell)
- Early Friday finish throughout the year
- Extra early Friday finish during summer months
- Late Monday start during winter months
- Wellness Wednesdays with extended lunch hours
- Wellbeing programme – yoga, football, running club, hiking and more
- Season ticket interest free loans for travel
- #LXAcademy – our huge bespoke training programme for personal and professional development
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Medicash healthcare benefit
- Enhanced parental return to work scheme
- Fully paid for, company parties and socials!
Get in touch to find out how we can make an impact that matters together.