Editor - Manchester
Editor - Manchester
Pride in what we do. In what our work does. In how it changes lives. In making a difference around the world. In making a difference in our neighbourhood. In what we believe. In how we’ve grown. In who we are. And how we stand together.
Everything this company achieves, every life it saves, every penny it makes, every policy it changes, every award it wins, is down to everyone that works here.
We are Havas Lynx Group; a team of over 500+ people in Manchester and London, with a history of over 30 years and an ever evolving future. You can get a feel for the #LYNXLife via YouTube, #LYNXLife playlist, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The role of an Editor is to work as part of a multidisciplinary film team and collaborate with all business units within Havas Lynx Group to consistently deliver visually excellent work. You will be responsible for a variety of projects ranging from commercials to documentaries, brand films, livestreams, and animations that are fit for web, social and congress.
- Deliver post-production video editing as directed by the production teams, providing editorial expertise and creative output to the expected technical, accuracy and content standards
- You will share your sound understanding and experience of all elements of the post-production processes, with a strong video editing and motion graphics skillset, with the wider Film team and Senior Creatives
- Use your editorial expertise to craft a story ark, selecting and condensing video footage that will make the desired impact
- Manage your time effectively, meet deadlines, and escalate issues if needed to other members of the team
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of other agency departments and manage their involvement in projects appropriately
- Contribute to the ideation process and offer creative solutions where appropriate
- Research new ways of editing and continually review practices as part of your team
- Display a fantastic attention to detail and take a proactive approach to challenges
- Previous experience working as an Editor, or Junior Editor ready to take a step up
- Confident in the use of Adobe Premiere Pro and After FX
- A stand-out showreel / portfolio to demonstrate your creative and technical ability
- Confident in both visual and editorial storytelling and experienced in delivering completed projects including sound finishing and grading
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times
What we offer:
- ‘Thoughtful Working’ post pandemic – split remote and office-based working (pilot programme)
- Increasing holiday allowance connected to length of service (with the option to buy more)
- Early Friday finish throughout the year
- Extra early Friday finish during summer months
- Late Monday start during winter months
- Wellness Wednesdays with extended lunch hours
- Wellbeing programme – yoga, football, running club, hiking and more
- Season ticket interest free loans for travel
- #LXAcademy – our huge bespoke training programme for personal and professional development
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Medicash healthcare benefit
- Enhanced parental return to work scheme
- Office dogs
- In office drink trolley Fridays
- And the best, fully paid for, company parties and socials!
This advertised post is with Havas Lynx, part of the Havas Health network. More information can be found at www.havaslynx.com. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram via @HAVASLYNXEU for regular updates.