Senior Video producer
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR VIDEO PRODUCER
REPORTING TO: Head of Film
We are a team of Producers, Directors, Animators, Editors and Motion Graphics
Our film team are passionate about everything we produce from commercials and documentary to brand films and animation for a wide range of healthcare clients and outputs including, web content, social media, apps and exhibitions.
We collaborate across departments and work with top industry talent to produce quality work that captivates our audiences.
- Taking initial briefs from senior creatives and account managers and act as sounding board for account teams within Havas Lynx.
- Share ideas and possible solutions to client needs with Creative and Client Services leads by developing a strong understanding of our key clients, their brands, products, people and services.
- Contribute to the creative development of the department by sharing ideas on filmmaking and collaborating with all members of the video team.
- Embrace new technologies and keep on top of new production techniques to help ensure Havas Lynx innovate and lead in their film production service.
- Understand the requirements of each project and be part of the team that devises the best route forward paying particular attention to how to achieve a great creative, cost effective and efficient solution.
- Provide initial cost estimates and accurately budget productions to maintain agreed levels of profitability.
- Devise production schedules to meet delivery deadlines agreed with account managers.
- Work to enhance interdepartmental relationships by arranging meetings with key members of each division to forecast workloads and drive production.
- Act as point of contact for teams throughout project delivery, facilitating direct contact when needed, or deferring it where necessary.
- Troubleshoot any problems that might occur during the completion of a job, informing the client services or creative team as appropriate.
- Engage with the film team to resource productions appropriately; employing internal skillsets and work collaboratively with external production houses and freelancers so that work is done with the best possible business or individual in terms of quality, speed of delivery and cost.
- Manage all external providers, including, directors, animators, voiceover artists, actors and models etc. Be able to make recommendations to internal teams as to a suitable shortlist, based on understanding of the project and associated context.
- Work with external bodies and companies in relation to on-location activity and music rights organisations
- Arrange all necessary contracts, insurances and so forth for any work completed by the team and/or external suppliers as relevant
- Manage casting sessions, wardrobe and location recces
- Attend shoots, working with creative teams and directors
- Oversee multiple ongoing projects through the edit / animation process
Account Managers/Directors & Creative Servicing
- Develop and maintain close and productive relationships, acting with integrity at all times.
- Ensure requests are dealt with promptly and that expectations are managed in terms of speed, delivery and quality of response.
- Attend client meetings in a consultative capacity throughout all phases of projects if required.
- Distinguish between a good and poor client brief and if necessary, ask the right questions to help formulate a clearer brief before it is accepted.
Administration and Financial Management
- Ensure a systematic and efficient job filing system is maintained
- Monitor profitability and ongoing costs throughout assigned projects
- Assist in the smooth running of day to day activities
- Proactively pursue self-development opportunities within the team
- Assume joint responsibility with Line Manager for regularly reviewing performance and personal development
- Demonstrate a positive, solutions orientated attitude.
You will be an experienced and creative senior producer with a proven history in the corporate sector.
A background in film/television will bolster your creative flair, and you will have a clear vision for how messages can work on screen.
An excellent communicator, you will be confident and diplomatic when working on creative projects, sharing ideas and developing outcomes.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working – split home and office-based working
- #LXAcademy – our huge bespoke training programme for personal and professional development
- Enhanced parental leave plus one-year return to work benefit
- Medicash healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance
- Full wellbeing programme including organised sports - yoga, football, running club, hiking and more
- Early finish on Friday’s throughout the year plus extra early finish during summer months
- Later start on Monday’s during winter months
- Wellness Wednesdays extended lunch hour to focus on wellbeing
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) plus additional 3-days as part of discretionary Christmas shutdown
- Increasing holiday allowance connected to length of service
- Auto-enrolment pension
- On-site financial advisors
- Volunteer opportunities
- Office dogs
- And the best, fully paid for, company parties and socials!