Learning & Development Manager
What if your expertise could help someone, somewhere, to live a better life?
Helping children living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis to communicate their pain, giving people with psoriasis their confidence back, shocking 2.3 million HCPs into taking action against second heart attacks to proving to the world that eczema isn’t a skin condition.
Havas Lynx Group is a creative communications agency dedicated to changing the way the world does healthcare communications for the better. We are committed to bringing about change. Change informed by experience, driven by innovation and proven in delivery. We work alongside healthcare professionals, patients, carers, and pharmaceutical brands to overcome the complex challenges of modern healthcare. Our work blends strategic insight and deep scientific understanding with creativity and digital innovation, delivering healthcare campaigns and solutions that really make a difference to people’s lives.
We’re a team of over 500+ people in Manchester and London, with a history of over 35 years and an ever-evolving future. You can get a feel for the #LYNXLife via YouTube, #LYNXLife playlist, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Everything this company achieves, every life it saves, every penny it makes, every policy it changes, every award it wins, is down to everyone that works here.
Sitting within our People team, the L&D Manager is responsible for all the training and development activities within the business. Creating training events for colleagues throughout the lifecycle, from initial onboarding & inductions to leadership programmes for senior talent in the business.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Understand the Havas Lynx Group ethos and deliver a high standard of L&D service to all stakeholders
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of all agency departments and build relationships with all employees, including the SLT, LXLT & team Leads
- Work with key leads in the business to design, plan and deliver innovative and engaging onboarding programmes
- Develop, maintain and evolve the learning and development initiatives and structure, including overseeing all event co-ordination to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness
- Actively seek feedback and evaluate the return and impact for learning initiatives
- Connect, partner and collaborate with SLT and LXLT. Act as a point of contact for all L&D enquiries
- Plan and monitor the budget for core learning and development spend
What we'd like to see from you:
- A proven track record of delivering creative and effective learning & development programmes
- Strong stakeholder management
- Highly organised with strong project & time management
- Working knowledge and understanding of current Learning and Development and Organisational Development methodologies and best practices
- Previous experience of developing and adapting learning materials
- Understanding of training needs analysis, learning and development budget management and evaluation through business metrics
What you can expect from us
A supportive and challenging environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact that matters. We put a huge investment into #LYNXLife and our #LXAcademy internal programmes. It’s a unique initiative that aims to reward hard work, reduce pressures, and ensure that we can all enjoy our time at Lynx. Our strategy is to build capabilities internally and inspire the best talent, so we can continue to deliver on our mission.
You can also expect a whole host of benefits, including:
- Hybrid Working
- 28 days annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance connected to length of service (with the option to buy more, or sell)
- Early Friday finish throughout the year
- Extra early Friday finish during summer months
- Late Monday start during winter months
- Wellness Wednesdays with extended lunch hours
- Wellbeing programme – yoga, football, running club, hiking and more
- Season ticket interest free loans for travel
- #LXAcademy – our huge bespoke training programme for personal and professional development
- Life insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Medicash healthcare benefit
- Enhanced parental return to work scheme
- Fully paid for, company parties and socials!
Get in touch to find out how we can make an impact that matters together.