Commercial Finance Analyst
What if your expertise could help someone, somewhere, to live a better life?
Helping children living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis to communicate their pain, giving people with psoriasis their confidence back, shocking 2.3 million HCPs into taking action against second heart attacks to proving to the world that eczema isn’t a skin condition.
Havas Lynx Group is a creative communications agency dedicated to changing the way the world does healthcare communications for the better. We are committed to bringing about change. Change informed by experience, driven by innovation and proven in delivery. We work alongside healthcare professionals, patients, carers, and pharmaceutical brands to overcome the complex challenges of modern healthcare. Our work blends strategic insight and deep scientific understanding with creativity and digital innovation, delivering healthcare campaigns and solutions that really make a difference to people’s lives.
We’re a team of over 500+ people in Manchester and London, with a history of over 35 years and an ever-evolving future. You can get a feel for the #LYNXLife via YouTube, #LYNXLife playlist, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Everything this company achieves, every life it saves, every penny it makes, every policy it changes, every award it wins, is down to everyone that works here.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join our Finance Team in Manchester. The commercial finance team are responsible for business partnering our Internal Creative Agencies by providing relevant, timely, insight and analysis, along with effective challenge to help them drive performance.
What you can expect to be doing
As a Commercial Finance Analyst, you will provide commercial finance support to our Creative Agencies through:
- Leading regular detailed meetings with client service teams to help manage and understand their WIP positions.
- Implementing any actions arising from WIP meetings, for example processing job closures, time and income transfers, to ensure accurate accounting at month end.
- Producing weekly metric dashboards to support Agency leadership in decision making.
- Analysing historic client data to identify best practice behaviours, decision making and team performance.
- Creating standardised templates for revenue forecasting and client reconciliations.
- There will also be the opportunity to support the wider finance team on:
- Monthly MI reporting
- Network/Client reporting
- Implementation of new systems/processes
- Other ad-hoc reporting
What we'd like to see from you:
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Great relationship building and influencing skills to manage and inspire multiple stakeholders from a financial and non-financial background.
- Advanced Excel skills, with experience modelling data.
- A curious individual with strong commercial awareness.
- A pro-active approach and a problem-solving mind set.
It is not essential but experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Business partnering within finance and being able to demonstrate where you have helped to add commercial value and shape key business decisions
- Accounting for billable time in a professional services organisation.
- Experience using Finance and Business Intelligence systems.
What you can expect from us
A supportive and challenging environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact that matters. We put a huge investment into #LYNXLife and our #LXAcademy internal programmes. It’s a unique initiative that aims to reward hard work, reduce pressures, and ensure that we can all enjoy our time at Lynx. Our strategy is to build capabilities internally and inspire the best talent, so we can continue to deliver on our mission.
You can also expect a whole host of benefits, including:
- Hybrid Working
- Starting holiday allowance of 28 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, with increasing allowance connected to length of service
- Option to buy, carry or sell holidays
- Early Friday finish throughout the year
- Seasonal working hours
- Enhanced family leave, pay and return to work benefit scheme
- Extensive L&D support
- Sabbatical opportunities
- Season ticket interest free loans for travel
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- Company pension scheme
- Fully compensated company events
- Volunteer days
- Wellbeing programme including sports clubs, discounted gym memberships, free onsite flu vaccinations, extended lunch breaks on Wellness Wednesdays and much more
- +Medicash healthcare benefit
- 24/7 access to a free, confidential and independent Employee Assistance Programme
Get in touch to find out how we can make an impact that matters together.