People Advisor - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Apply for this role
What if your expertise could help someone, somewhere, to live a better life?
Helping children living with juvenile idiopathic arthritis to communicate their pain, giving people with psoriasis their confidence back, shocking 2.3 million HCPs into taking action against second heart attacks to proving to the world that eczema isn’t a skin condition.
Havas Lynx Group is a creative communications agency dedicated to changing the way the world does healthcare communications for the better. We are committed to bringing about change. Change informed by experience, driven by innovation and proven in delivery. We work alongside healthcare professionals, patients, carers, and pharmaceutical brands to overcome the complex challenges of modern healthcare. Our work blends strategic insight and deep scientific understanding with creativity and digital innovation, delivering healthcare campaigns and solutions that really make a difference to people’s lives.
We’re a team of over 500+ people in Manchester and London, with a history of over 35 years and an ever-evolving future. You can get a feel for the #LYNXLife via YouTube, #LYNXLife playlist, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Everything this company achieves, every life it saves, every penny it makes, every policy it changes, every award it wins, is down to everyone that works here.
As a People Advisor at Havas Lynx Group, you’ll be a first point of contact to colleagues and line managers in the group, offering guidance and advice around employee relations (ER). We’re looking for someone who has previous experience in a similar role and is used to dealing with ER activities and can work in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and good knowledge of employment legislation is also very important.
Personality is key and we’re looking for a team player with excellent initiative, issues resolution and problem-solving skills, who has lots of energy and enthusiasm. You should be very well organised, responsible and have excellent time management skills. We would like to hear from applicants who employ a naturally positive approach, have strong attention to detail, are flexible and open to working in a dynamic environment. You should be eager to learn and take on feedback, whilst having your own opinion and ideas alongside the confidence to share them.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Be a first point of contact offering advice and guidance to colleagues and line managers. This could include, but is not limited to, handling day to day queries, supporting and coaching line managers, managing family leave, offering advice around grievance and absence management and demonstrating a strong knowledge of employment law and best practice. You will take responsibility for your own projects and cases, and where necessary, get support from the Senior People Partner on more complex matters
- Work with colleagues and projects that relate to all stages of the employee lifecycle, from onboarding through to exit
- Work with your line manager and colleagues from the wider People Team to implement projects in line with the overall People Strategy
- Work with people data, analysing, spotting and reporting on any trends
- Support the wider people and finance team in relation to pay matters
- Ensure compliance and adherence to legislative, HR and company standards, agreed policies and processes
What you can expect from us
A supportive and challenging environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact that matters. We put a huge investment into #LYNXLife and our #LXAcademy internal programmes. It’s a unique initiative that aims to reward hard work, reduce pressures, and ensure that we can all enjoy our time at Lynx. Our strategy is to build capabilities internally and inspire the best talent, so we can continue to deliver on our mission.
You can also expect a whole host of benefits, including:
- Hybrid Working
- Starting holiday allowance of 28 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, with increasing allowance connected to length of service
- Option to buy, carry or sell holidays
- Early Friday finish throughout the year
- Seasonal working hours
- Enhanced family leave, pay and return to work benefit scheme
- Extensive L&D support
- Sabbatical opportunities
- Season ticket interest free loans for travel
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- Company pension scheme
- Fully compensated company events
- Volunteer days
- Wellbeing programme including sports clubs, discounted gym memberships, free onsite flu vaccinations, extended lunch breaks on Wellness Wednesdays and much more
- +Medicash healthcare benefit
- 24/7 access to a free, confidential and independent Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace nursery benefit
Get in touch to find out how we can make an impact that matters together.